The Efficient Parent blog is taking on a new format starting in November 2009 & I think you’ll find some of the information useful enough to apply to your life. I will begin to include interviews with people who have information to share that will hopefully make an impact on our approach to parenting. To begin with, I will bring you interviews with:
- a gang expert
- a family who adopted 4 kids
- a mother who has a ministry devoted to teens
- a family who moved to the United States from Colombia
- a mother who is also an emergency room pediatrician
Warning: I will still brag about my kids in posts between the interviews!!
In the meantime, here is a healthy snack I recently learned about from a healthy friend…my husband and 4 year old really have enjoyed it, so I think it’s a hit!!
- 1 can white corn (drained)
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes (do not drain)
- 1 can diced tomatoes (drained)
- 1 can black beans (drained)
- 1 bush (is it called a bush?) of fresh cilantro…finely chopped
- Mix everything together in a bowl & let chill for a couple hours. This salsa will keep in refrigerator for a few days (but it probably will be gobbled up before then).
- I like to set aside half of the salsa to marinate with chicken breasts…mmmm!!